Summer 2013 programs
No matter your age, we have the Summer Reading program for you! Summer Reading starts June 25th, and will include activities for the whole family.
This year's theme is "Dig into Reading" Elementary-Age Readers earn raffle tickets for the amount of time they read. Raffle winners are drawn each week. Pre-Readers can join as "Read-To-Me" participants and receive raffle chances for books read aloud to them. Also, check out our programs this summer for kids and families.
This year's theme is "Beneath the Surface" Sign up and enter a raffle to win books, gift cards, and other cool prizes.
This year's theme is "Dig into Reading." The first 50 sign ups will receive a Chicopee Public Library memo pad and pen. Submit book reviews throughout the summer to enter a raffle for prizes. Our top prize is a 7 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab!
Adult and Family Summer Events
Monday Movies are at 6 PM in the Conference Room.
- July 8 Skyfall (PG-13)
- July 22 Lincoln (PG-13)
- August 5 Pitch Perfect (PG-13)
- August 19 Moonrise Kingdom (PG-13)
Tuesday Talks & Tunes
All Tuesday events begin at 6 PM
- July 2 Loretta Kapinos - Talk on the Springfield Tornado.
- July 9 Rory Raven - Mentalist and Mindbender
- July 16 Greg Maichack - Pastel Painting Class (Please register at the Reference Desk or call 594-1800 ext 108 to register)
- July 23 Pioneer Valley Concert Band
- July 30 Tom Farmer and Marty Foley - True Crime Talk: "A Murder in Wellesley"
- August 6 Chris Daley - History Talk: "Lizzie Borden: The Mystery Continues"
- August 23 Dan Daniels - Music: "The Million Dollar Quartet"
- August 20 Pioneer Valley Chordsmen - Barbershop Quartet
Classes are from 2-4 PM in the Computer Lab on Wednesdays. Please call 594-1800 ext. 108 to sign up for computer classes.
- June 26 Absolute Beginners (registration required)
- July 3 E-Readers (registration not required)
- July 10 Movies, Music, & Magazines (registration required)
- July 17 Open Lab (registration not required)
- July 24 Absolute Beginners (registration required)
- July 31 E-Readers (registration not required)
- August 7 Movies, Music, & Magazines (registration required)
- August 14 Open Lab (registraton not required)
- August 21 Absolute Beginners (registration required)
Thursday Night Concert Series
All Concerts are at 6:30 PM. Rain or Shine. (Rain location is in the Community Room.)
- June 27 Goat Ropers (Country/Rock)
- July 11 Laurie Festa Eclectic Show (Eclectic Music Stylings from Broadway to Pop)
- July 18 Lynn Barsalou Project (Rock n' Roll)
- July 25 The Healys (Irish Music)
- August 1 All-Star Dyn-O-Myte Disco Review (70's Disco)
- August 8 Josée Vachon (Franco - American Music)
- August 15 Ozzie Williams and the Marion Street Band (Blues/Jazz)
- August 22 Lost Radio Rounders (Acoustic Americana)
Friday Family Flicks
All Friday Movies are at 1:00 PM
- July 12 ParaNorman (PG)
- July 19 Men in Black 3 (PG-13)
- July 26 Rise of the Guardians (PG)
- August 2 Hotel Translyvania (PG)
- August 9 Frankenweenie (PG)
- August 16 John Carter (PG-13)
The "Dig Into Reading" 2013 statewide summer reading program is sponsored by:
- Chicopee Public Library
- Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners
- Massachusetts Library System
- Friends of the Chicopee Public Library
- Chicopee Cultural Council
- Boston Bruins!
Major funding for these programs is provided by a grant from The Dow Jones Foundation.