These Great Events will take place throughout the Month of March.
Anime Club: March 13th the Anime Club will host local artist Schuyler Bush. Bring your portfolios and learn what it takes to make it in the world as an artist. The next meeting, March 27th, will feature more adventures in the world of anime.
Making a YouTube channel: The Chicopee Public Library is making a YouTube channel and needs Chicopee Teens to help out. Bring your knowledge to the library Tuesday afternoons as we start to plan, write and begin to film and edit. Check in with Chuck or Erin on where we will meet.
Book Club: Book Club starts the month off March 6th at 3:30.
Minecraft 13+: Dig into another Minecraft adventure on March 19th at 3 p.m.
TeenSpace programs in January and February.
- Anime Club: Meeting Thursdays, January 16th and 30th and also February 13th and 27th. Stay tuned for announcements on our Special Guest coming to Anime Club February 13th. Watch great anime. Draw Manga. Always @ 3 p.m.
- Minecraft: Minecraft for teens (13+) Wednesday, January 29th @ 3 p.m. and Wednesday, February 26th @ 3 p.m. Sign-up now in the Children’s Room.
- Chess and Checkers and Board Games for Teens and Kids: Tuesdays, January 14th and February 25th @ 3:30 p.m. All skill levels are welcome. Share your tips and strategies.
- Teen Book Club: Explore the world of books; discuss characters, trends, topics and ideas. Express your inner fandom. Write. Thursday, January 23rd and Thursday, February 6th @ 3:30 p.m.
Friday, December 13th come celebrate the holidays Steampunk style. Crafts, Food and Fun. Starting at 3 p.m. Come dressed in Steampunk Holiday gear.
Take the chill off your fall afternoons and come to one or all of our programs in November and December.
- Anime Club: Meeting Thursdays November 7 and 21 and also December 5 and 19. Watch great anime. Draw Manga. Always @ 3 p.m.
- Minecraft: Minecraft for teens (12+) Wednesday, December 18 @ 3 p.m. Sign-up in the Children’s Room.
- Chess and Checkers for Teens and Kids: Tuesdays, November 5 and 19 @ 3:30 p.m. and Tuesdays, December 3 and 17 @ 3:30 p.m. All skill levels are welcome. Share your tips and strategies.
- Teen Book Club: Thursday, November 14 @ 3 p.m. Celebrate National Novel Writing Month. Bring a current project. Time for tips, feedback and story development Thursday December 12 @ 3 p.m. delve deeper into the Hunger Games series. Discuss the newest movie, Catching Fire.
- Chicopee Library Teens: Friday, November 1st @ 3 p.m. help plan the Steampunk Holiday Party. Friday, December 6th @ 3 p.m. look ahead to 2014.
Chuck’s Computer Lab Extravaganza
Join Chuck on Wednesdays at 3 p.m and take over the Chicopee Public Library’s Computer Lab for a four week session exploring the world of photography, video editing and production. Bring in your own images or video footage to create a slideshow or short film. Help design and plan a CPL and CPL Teen Youtube channel. What could be more fun than that!!
The four Wednesdays are October 30, November 6, November 13 and November 20.
There are many different programs to choose from this fall. Pick one or come to all of them!
- Anime Club: Meeting Thursdays September 12 and 26 and also October 10 and 24. Watch anime. Read and draw Manga.
- Minecraft: Minecraft for teens (12+) Wednesday, September 25 @ 3 p.m. and Wednesday, October 16 @ 3 p.m. Sign-up in the Children’s Room.
- Girl’s Only Minecraft: Wednesday, September 18 @ 3:30 p.m. Sign-up in the Children’s Room.
- Chess for Teens and Kids: Tuesdays, September 10 and 24 @ 3:30 p.m. and Tuesdays, October 8 and 22 @ 3:30 p.m. All skill levels are welcome. Share your tips and strategies.
- Teen Book Club: Thursday, October 3 @ 3 p.m. Random books discussions. First dibs on the newest releases and the occasional writing exercise.
The World of Tarot with Kathi Munson. Thursday, October 17 @ 6:00 p.m.
Ghostology 201 with Agawam Paranormal Tuesday, October 22 @ 6:30 p.m.
Halloween Movie special event – Poltergeist Thursday, October 31 @ 3:00 p.m.
Comment on the movie while you watch by texting with MuVChat, ask us how!
Teen Advisory Board:
The Teen Advisory Board has returned and meets on the first Friday of the month. The next meeting is Friday, October 4 @ 3 p.m. Come and let your voice be heard. Help plan library programs and suggest materials for the Teen collection.
To sign up for Summer Reading visit readsinma.org/chicopee
For more info on what to do, how the prizes work, and for Summer Reading lists from the High Schools, click here.
*Friday Flicks are at 1:00*
(not 1:30) Movies & popcorn for six weeks, starting July 12
scroll down for full list of movies.
Teen Tuesdays @ 2:00
Something different every week!
June 25 – Summer Reading Kickoff party – sign up, play games, and eat some pizza
July 2 – Anime Club
July 9 – Ghostology 101 with Agawam Paranormal
July 16 – Swords through the Ages with Association for Renaissance and Medieval Swordsmanship (ARMS)
July 23 – Minecraft: One Hour Adventure Map *sign up required
July 30 – Ask a Psychic Medium with Kathi Munson
August 6 – Zentangle – the art of relaxing doodles *sign up required
August 13 – Cosplay & Henna – dress as a fictional character and get henna tattoos from Mandy Roberge
August 20 – Outside! – catch some rays & play some games. Raffle prizes will be awarded!
Write short plays to perform, read books theatrically, and make sets and costumes for a performance for young children.
Planning sessions: Mondays @ 2:00 July 1 – August 12
Performance: Wednesday, August 14 @ 2:00 (arrive at 1:00 for set up)
Movies & popcorn, Fridays @ 1:00
July 12 – Paranorman
July 19 – Men in Black 3
July 26 – Rise of the Guardians
August 2 – Hotel Transylvania
August 9 – Frankenweenie
August 16 – John Carter
Thursdays @ 3:00
May 16 & June 6
Magic: The Gathering
Play this popular collectible card game. Bring your deck!
Fridays @ 2:30
May 17 & June 14
Tuesday, May 21 @ 3:30
Wednesdays @ 3:30
May 22 & June 5 – Middle School Group
May 29 & June 12 – High School Group
Teen Craft: Junkbox Jewelry
Friday, May 24 @ 3:00
Make jewelry from found objects. Bring your own junk, or use some of ours.
Summer reading starts June 24!
Read books, write reviews, enter raffles for cool stuff.
Teen programs every Tuesday @ 2.
This year’s theme: Beneath the Surface.
Watch this space for updates.