Cosplay Photo Booth – August 5th: Dress up, or not, and pose with your friends in our Teen Tuesday Photo Booth.
Craft-Stravaganza – August 12th: Come make Steampunk jewelry, paper journals and other awesome crafts.
Interactive Movie Chat – Catching Fire: Teen Tuesday Finale. Watch Hunger Games: Catching Fire and interact with MuVchat.
July 8: Anime Club – Anime movie and popcorn.
July 15: Minecraft One Hour Redstone Challenge: Two sessions. Session one 2 p.m. Session two 3:15 p.m. Sign up required.
July 22: Stomp Rockets: Build a paper rocket and launch it out back.
July 29: SciFi Book Club: No, you don’t all have to read the same book. Pick any book in the genre and come talk SciFi.
June marks the end of the regular meetings of most of the activities and clubs
Anime Club: June 12th at 3 p.m.
Minecraft 13+: June 11th at 3 p.m.
Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic the Gathering Card Play: Friday June 6th from 3 – 4:30 p.m.
Stay tuned for Summer Reading Teen Tuesdays starting with the Kick-off Party Tuesday, July 1st at 2 p.m.!!!!
Anime Club: May is special because Anime Club meets three times this month – 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. on May 1st, May 15th and May 29th for anime and manga viewing and discussions.
Minecraft 13+: Sign-up required for the next installment of Minecraft 13+ happening on May 14th at 3 p.m.
Book Club: Book Club goes to the movies. A number of recent YA novels have been turned into movies and discussion will center on books and their movie adaptations.
New This Month Yu-Gi-Oh: Bring your own cards and join this new group meeting Friday, May 23rd from 3 to 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday, April 23 1 – 4 p.m.
Chicopee Public Libary Open House from 1 – 4 p.m. Open computer lab: play some minecraft; see the CPL TeenSpace video. CAKE!!!!!! Need I say more?
Thursday, April 24 2 p.m.
Otha Day brings his drums for a community drum circle. If you haven’t seen or been to this you should attend. It is Awesome!!!! 2 p.m.
Anime Club: April 10th Anime Club hopes the third time will be a charm to host special guest artist Schuyler Bush. The weather is clearing and our guest is healthy – so it will be happening. Bring some work and hang out with a really cool guy who loves to talk about comic art and manga.
YouTube Video Production: The library is making fun and informational videos and wants the CPL Teens to help. Bring ideas, experience, interest and enthusiasm Tuesday afternoons from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Teen Tech Week Activities:
- Play Tech Week Bingo—All Week
- Computer Lab/Video Exploration—Tuesday @ 3 p.m.
- Tech Week Program—Wednesday @ 3p.m. More TBA.
- Anime Club—Guest Artist looks at Art vs. Technology
These Great Events will take place throughout the Month of March.
Anime Club: March 13th the Anime Club will host local artist Schuyler Bush. Bring your portfolios and learn what it takes to make it in the world as an artist. The next meeting, March 27th, will feature more adventures in the world of anime.
Making a YouTube channel: The Chicopee Public Library is making a YouTube channel and needs Chicopee Teens to help out. Bring your knowledge to the library Tuesday afternoons as we start to plan, write and begin to film and edit. Check in with Chuck or Erin on where we will meet.
Book Club: Book Club starts the month off March 6th at 3:30.
Minecraft 13+: Dig into another Minecraft adventure on March 19th at 3 p.m.
TeenSpace programs in January and February.
- Anime Club: Meeting Thursdays, January 16th and 30th and also February 13th and 27th. Stay tuned for announcements on our Special Guest coming to Anime Club February 13th. Watch great anime. Draw Manga. Always @ 3 p.m.
- Minecraft: Minecraft for teens (13+) Wednesday, January 29th @ 3 p.m. and Wednesday, February 26th @ 3 p.m. Sign-up now in the Children’s Room.
- Chess and Checkers and Board Games for Teens and Kids: Tuesdays, January 14th and February 25th @ 3:30 p.m. All skill levels are welcome. Share your tips and strategies.
- Teen Book Club: Explore the world of books; discuss characters, trends, topics and ideas. Express your inner fandom. Write. Thursday, January 23rd and Thursday, February 6th @ 3:30 p.m.